Your job involves participating with children in games and other fun activities. No one expects you to sit on the sidelines and watch them play. You are expected to engage with the children in your care to build stronger relationships with them.
To prevent an accident or getting yourself hurt we suggest these tips:
• If you are injured, do not participate in class playtime
• Keep yourself physically fit; if you are in good shape, you’re less likely to be injured
• Get enough rest
• Maintain a healthy diet; eat properly to ensure that you have energy
• Coordinate activities in a way that ensures everyone is included
• Do not compete with other workers while playing with children; remember it is not all about winning.
• Gently, speak up if an employee becomes too aggressive
• Inspect indoor and outdoor play areas daily
• Wear comfortable, closed-toed, rubber-soled footwear
• Be aware of your surroundings
• Do not supervise more children than you are permitted
• Wear a hat and sunscreen
• Be a good sport in all things; the children are watching and learning from your example