Report Workers' Compensation Fraud
Most workers’ compensation claims stem from legitimate injuries sustained in the workplace. However, some claims are false. These can result in increased costs for all employers. CompSource Mutual’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) works with policyholders and the Oklahoma State Attorney General’s office to stop workers’ compensation fraud and prosecute violators.
Workers’ compensation fraud can occur in any business and any industry. Here are some red flags to look for:
- A new employee files a claim
- An injured worker hires an attorney the day of the injury
- The injury story changes often
- There is a substantial delay from the time of injury to filing the claim
- The claim coincides with a layoff or termination
Workers’ compensation fraud is not limited to claimants. Employers, medical professionals, and attorneys can also be guilty of fraud.
If you suspect workers’ compensation fraud, report it online or call the fraud hotline at (405) 962-3904.