Other States’ Coverage
Local business owners now have a single source for their workers’ compensation coverage with the Other States’ Coverage option, which covers employees beyond Oklahoma’s borders. Instead of searching for workers’ compensation insurance in another state, you can extend all of your coverage with CompSource Mutual. Our partnership with Zurich allows us to offer our policyholders the same outstanding service they know to expect, from risk control services to claims management. For more information, contact our underwriting department at (405) 232-7663, ext. 5102 or (800) 347-3863, ext. 5102.
How to Report a Claim in another State
All claims under CompSource Mutual’s Other States’ Coverage program will be handled by a PMA Insurance Group representative with the same quality service you have learned to expect from CompSource Mutual.
Use one of the following methods to file a first notice of injury:
- Log on to PMA Insurance Group
- Click on “Report a Claim”
- Use the following to log in:
- Username: Last seven digits of PMA policy number
- Password: newclaim
Phone: (866) 626-3041
Fax: (866) 329-2721
If you have questions at any time during the claims process, call (888) 476-2669 to reach a PMA representative.
Other States’ Program Guidelines
General Account Eligibility Requirements
For employers based in Oklahoma who meet each of the following criteria:
- The employer’s principal operation is within the state of Oklahoma. Typically, this means an employer’s primary location is in Oklahoma.
- The employer’s operations outside of Oklahoma are permanent.
- The employer must have a minimum of three years in business or provide a written verification of management experience in similar business: i.e., resume.
- The employer’s uninsured subcontracted exposure must be below 20 percent by state (confirmed with audit or loss prevention).
- The employer’s Oklahoma operation is insured through CompSource Mutual.
- The employer is in good standing with CompSource Mutual.
All states are eligible for our Other States’ Coverage program except the “monopolistic states” of North Dakota, Ohio, Washington and Wyoming.
Operations that do not qualify for coverage under this program:
- Temporary Employment Agencies
- Administrative Payroll Service Organizations
- Professional Employer Organizations (PEO)
- Any business with operations falling under the jurisdiction of the following Federal Acts: Defense Base Act, Outer Continental Shelf Act, Jones Act, Admiralty and Maritime Act, Federal Employers’ Liability Act and Federal Coal Mine Health & Safety Act
- United States Longshore and Harbor Act (incidental exposure may qualify)
- Manufacturing, packaging, handling, shipping or storage of explosives, substances intended for use as an explosive, ammunition, fuses, arms, magnesium, propellant charges, detonating devices, fireworks, nitroglycerin, celluloid or pyroxylin
- Aviation operations including pilots or flying personnel
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission projects or operations conducted under license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Sport teams
- Asbestos removal
- Underground mining or strip mining
- Wrecking or demolition of buildings, structures or vessels
- Chemical manufacturing
- Sewer, subway or water main construction, shaft sinking or tunneling
- Caisson or cofferdam work; dam, dike, lock or revetment construction
- Subaqueous work
- Primarily railroad operation or construction
Other States’ Program Application
If you have operations or employees outside the state of Oklahoma, CompSource Mutual’s Other States’ Coverage program allows you to secure all workers compensation insurance coverage needs through us. Applying for coverage has never been easier; simply review the Other States’ Coverage Program Guidelines for eligibility requirements and program exclusions and complete the downloadable application. If you have any questions regarding the Other States’ Coverage program, contact CompSource Mutual’s Underwriting department at (405) 232-7663, ext. 5102 or (800) 347-3863, ext. 5102.